View all Grocery Coupons & Grocery Deals

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Saute'd Chicken Thighs with Leeks

Hmmm, what's for dinner?

This recipe kind of came by accident. (Now, I am sure I am not the FIRST person to ever make this. But its my blog...and I wanted to share!)  I had some chicken thighs to eat up.  Didn't feel like baking or grilling so thought to saute them.  I also had a leek to use.  When it came time to add some liquid, I discovered I was out of white wine (GASP) and chicken broth.  But in the back of the fridge was a non alcoholic beer that someone left here.  So I used that in the recipe. 

And it worked! 

Plus a small glass for me was a nice treat.  I prefer the real thing...but it wasn't THAT bad!



Saute'd Chicken Thighs with Leeks

2 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 leek, white parts only, sliced into thin rings
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Santa Fe Seasoning (I used one from Pampered Chef)
salt/pepper
1 cup white wine, chicken broth or beer

Heat your skillet over medium heat, add oil then add leeks and saute. 
Meanwhile, season both sides of chicken thighs with Sante Fe Seasoning, salt & pepper. 
When leeks are almost soft and translucent, add chicken.  Cook for about 15 mins (turning half way thru). 

Remove chicken to a plate.  Turn heat up to high. Add the liquid (beer, wine, chicken broth or whatever you have on hand).  Scrape all the bits off bottom of pan.  Keep stirring till bubbly then reduce heat to simmer.  Add chicken back to pan.  Turn a few times to get sauce on both sides of chicken.

Cover with a lid, turn off heat and let sauces coat chicken (about 3 - 5 mins).

ENJOY!!! 

They would be delish with smashed potatoes!  I served them, tonight, with some zucchini stix.  You can find that recipe here:
Zucchini Stix

Those were REALLY good. 

2 comments:

deer antler velvet said...

It's very yummy to look at! Slurrrrrp.. :-) deer antler velvet :-)

Satirus said...

is this dog food or something?